Sunday 7 June 2015

Pets are special

Right from my childhood, I have been introduced to animals as sweet creatures because my parents love animals and had pets in their childhood. I had a Pomeranian pet dog named Leo. Leo was brought after my several requests to my father for a pet. Father's point was that I will not be able to spare much time for pet's care because of my increasing burden of studies. But I managed to convince him. Leo was hardly two months old when he came into our lives. In the starting, my family was not ready to accept him but slowly and gradually Leo's cuteness and goodness made him the most lovely part of our family.


Leo was close to all of us but a little more to me because of the time we spent together. This was to such an extent that whenever I went out of the house without him, he used to get so angry that on my return, he would pull out the slippers from my leg and bite them hard enough to destroy them. It was my duty to feed Leo because of which he developed a habit of eating from my hands only. He wouldn't drink milk from his bowl if I was not sitting beside him. He became more of a son to me than a pet. He was sensitive enough to detect if somebody is not well in the family. My Grandpa used to take Leo out for the morning walk and if he got late by few minutes, he would start jumping. Once while Grandpa was not well and was resting on his bed, Leo came up on his bed (something he never does), sat near him calmly and started licking him. Leo was a darling for all. Once while some strangers came to our house, Leo started barking so loudly that it was nearly impossible to listen anything. My father scolded him very loudly for this and even showed him a stick. It made him very angry and he didn't come out of his place until my father went and dragged him out of his place with a sorry. We never felt that he couldn't understand emotions.



Leo's nobility became imminent when once my father brought a rabbit of his friend to our house as their family was going out of station for a marriage for two weeks. In the beginning, we were afraid of its safety and kept Leo away from it. But then, my father kept Leo in front of the rabbit so that both can smell each other with me holding Leo. After that, they both started playing together. The rabbit was a bit mischievous as he used to jump on Leo's back but our poor baby used to allow him happily.


On a very unfortunate day, Leo died prematurely after he was bitten by some street dogs. He may not be with us anymore but his memories are a reason for us to smile.
I have seen many parents not allowing their kids to keep pet animals. To them, I would say that having a pet makes your life happier. Animals have the power to absorb our stress. With them, you feel positive and relax. You can learn from them what goodness and real love is. It will make you and your kids a better human. Have a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment